The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) reports 35 new residents in the Juneau community identified with COVID-19 for November 25 thru November 29. According to Juneau Public Health, there are about 64 active cases.
Please note: Starting Monday, December 6, the DHSS cases dashboard will update three times a week – on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays – and DHSS will begin issuing its COVID-19 summary emails only on those days as well. To stay in line with DHSS’s reporting schedule, the City and Borough of Juneau will issue COVID-19 case count updates – like what you’re reading right now – only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Statewide, DHSS reports 1,362 new people identified with COVID-19 – 1,341 are residents and 21 are nonresidents – in the past five. The state also reports eight recent deaths, bringing the total number of resident deaths to 848:
- Female Anchorage resident in her 80s
- Female Anchorage resident in her 70s
- Male Anchorage resident in his 60s
- Male Anchor Point resident in his 60s
- Male Copper River Census Area resident in his 60s
- Male Anchorage resident in his 50s
- Female Soldotna resident in her 50s
- Male Wrangell resident in his 60s
Alaska has had 145,398 cumulative resident cases of COVID-19 and a total of 5,411 nonresidents.